A Tempting natural backdrop
The Dachstein glacier has an extensive offering for summer and winter sport enthusiasts. Cross-country, climbing, hiking, paragliding or simply enjoying the view– all these activities can be enjoyed on the Dachstein!
The Dachstein massif has unique weather conditions due to its height and isolated setting.
Within a matter of minutes conditions can change completely and these extreme fluctuations must be taken into account.
- This means every tour must be planned carefully!
- For precise times, information on difficulties and other questions please contact tourism or mountain guide offices well in advance!
- Be aware of the danger posed by lightning on via ferrata!
- Make sure you have the right equipment (crampons, pick, rope) on the glacier!
- Alpine experience, the correct safety kit on via ferrata and appropriate equipment are essential.
- Alpine emergency number: 140