Planai-Hochwurzen-Bahnen is a pioneering flagship enterprise which offers outstanding leisure experience and turns customers into fans.
We are a reliable partner and exercise our regional responsibility as an equal.
The company's long-term economic success is underpinned by its seasoned and committed employees, who will also help us to achieve our goals.
This is Planai-Hochwurzen-Bahnen GmbH
- The Planai-Hochwurzen-Bahnen GmbH company was established in 1970.
- The company's total turnover inits 2016/17 financial year amounted to approximately EUR 45 million.
- With up to 410 employees - of whom 230 are employed year-round - the Planai is the largest company in the upper Enns Valley. Per year 3-5 apprentices start their training in our company.
- Since 1995 alone the company has invested around € 200 mn.
- With around 700 items, snow is guaranteed on the Planai & Hochwurzen by the largest array of snowmaking equipment in Austria.
- Annually 2.01 million guests visit the Planai-Hochwurzen Bahnen.
- All in all there are 31 cable cars and lifts in operation.
- With women accounting for 28% of its workforce, Planai leads the field among cable car operators in the Alps.
- Lines of business: Planai, Hochwurzen, Galsterberg, Dachstein, Planai Bus/Travelling, Planai Catering Trade, Der Wilde Berg Mautern, Kartrace Schladming
- Specials: Hopsiland Planai, Dachstein Suspension Bridge, Dachstein Ice Palace and much more
- Director: Dir. Georg Bliem