COVID-19: Current information about the winter season 2020/21
the Dachstein Glacier is currently closed!
Corona safety measures for the ski operation in Ski amadé
Is there a limit in the number of guests in the Ski amadé areas?
Currently there is no limit in number of guests in the ski areas of Ski amadé.
Tip: Top up your Friends Card (Club card of the my Ski amadé Friends Club) or an existing Keycard in the Ski amadé Online Ticket Shop and get on the slopes without queuing at the ticket office.
Possible restrictions may temporarily occur in individual ski areas due to full parking spaces. An existing Skiticket does not guarantee a free parking space.
Will the cable cars and lifts be aired during the ride and disinfected?
All cable cars and lifts will be aired as best as possible – Please ensure you air adequately during your ride (open windows, open the weather protection cover, etc.)
All lift facilities (cable cars, chairlifts,…) will be regularly disinfected.
Where in the ski resort will disinfectant be available?
Disinfection possibilities are in the toilet facilities, at the ticket office area and in the ski depots.
How many people will be allowed to travel in a cable car or on a chairlift at any one time?
For closed or coverable means of transport (gondolas, cable cars, coverable chairlifts), these can only be filled to a capacity of 50% (10-seater gondola = 5 people/gondola, coverable 6-seater chairlift = 3 people/chairlift, etc.), with the exception of people living in the same household.
How will guests be informed about the Corona safety regulations on-site?
Guests will be made aware of the current Corona safety regulations by means of signs and loudspeaker announcements on site.
Which Corona safety measures and guidlines apply to the employees of the lift companies?
- All employees, who come into direct contact with customers, will wear a face mask or will be separated from the guests with a suitable safety measure (e.g. Plexiglass).
- The employees of the cable car companies are trained or instructed in Corona safety measures according to uniform guidelines and regulations.
- All employees of the lift companies will be tested for Covid-19 at the beginning of the winter season or when they are hired and then will undergo daily health checks (checking temperature, checking for symptoms). If there is any suspicion, then tests will be carried out immediately and the employees are then to immediately isolate from the company/organisation.
- The cable car companies each have one employee who is responsible for planning and implementing measures against Corona.
Contact Tracing App
By using the Contact Tracing APP 'STOP CORONA' of the Austrian Red Cross you are helping to tackle to spread of the Corona virus – it is recommended that you use this.
Where do I have to wear a face mask and will I receive a face mask at the ski resort?
In order to guarantee the safety of all skiers, the following regulations currently apply in our ski areas:
- A FFP2 mask has to be worn permanent in all cable cars and chair lifts with a weather protection hood by everybody from the age of 14 (from the age of six a usual face mask is required).
- Moreover, there is a permanent compulsory use of face mask (level of protection lower than FFP2) in all other carriers, at the cashier’s desk, in the ski bus and at the ski depot.
- The respective compulsory use of face mask also applies already while queuing at the cable cars and lifts.
- In order to guarantee everybody’s safety, the requirement to wear a face mask in the prescribed areas applies, without exception, to every guest over the age of six
- FFP2 masks can be purchased at the ski area for 2,00 Euros. A face mask suitable for winter sports (level of protection lower than FFP2) will be issued once with each ticket purchase for free.
- On the slopes a face mask is not necessary.
Where do I have to keep a minimum social distance of one metre?
Maintain a minimum distance of one metre in the following areas: When queuing at the ticket offices, when queuing at the lift stations and ski bus stops, in all buildings accessible to the public. This regulation also applies if a face mask is being worn.
If, due to the number of passengers, and during boarding and leaving the lifts, and in the gondolas and lifts themselves, it is not possible to maintain a distance of at least one metre, this rule can be deviated from in exceptional cases if a face mask is being worn. Wearing a face mask is mandatory in any case.
Which possibilities are there to buy my ticket in advance?
Without queuing at the ticket office:
- Top up an existing lift pass (KeyCard) online at the Ski amadé Ticket Shop using the 16-digit data carrier number on the back.
- Register to become part of the new my Ski amadé Friends Club and receive, besides many other benefits on holiday packages or partner company offers, a personal Friends Card, which can be used as a lift pass and can always be topped up contactless.
- If you order your lift pass at the Ski amadé Online Ticket Shop via postal delivery, then you will automatically receive it through the post to your address. (takes 8-10 days)
Pick up function – with a stop at the ticket office or at the ticket machine
Order your lift pass at the Ski amadé Online Ticket Shop and select the pick up option. Use the QR code to pick up the ticket at the ticket machine (or at the cash desk).
Will the lift passes be reimbursed in the case of a Corona lockdown?
Ski amadé lift passes will be reimbursed (depending upon usage) in the case of a Corona lockdown.
Hotels & Accommondation
Gastronomy (on the mountain) & Aprés ski
Ski School Information
Safety measures for the children’s adventure world and the child care
- At the children’s adventure world, toddlers are taught – this means keeping the social distance is not possible. Therefore, the snow sports instructors will wear a face mask, which is suitable for snow sports in order to be able to implement safety measures as quickly as possible.
- Please inform yourself in advance with regards to the specific measure on the respective website of the ski schools. In any case, there will be hygienic measures fitting to the age of the children to keep everybody as safe as possible.
Which basic measures are to be adhered to?
- Keep the minimum social distancing of one meter
- A face mask must be worn if the minimum distance of one metre cannot be upheld, e.g. for absolutely necessary assistance during snow sports lessons or for assistance after falls (to get up etc.).
- Registration of the ski school guests in accordance with the data protection regulations is required (as it was in the years before).
- If possible, courses should be booked online
- When using cable cars, the regulations of the lift companies must be observed
- Groups will be selected, meeting places will be chosen tob e as spacious as possible and course schedules will be planned as far as possible in advance to avoid large group gatherings.
- Ski schools and other related rooms, such as warming-up rooms, as well as teaching aids and tools, toys etc. will be disinfected more times a day, depending upon usage
- Employees of the ski schools are trained and instructed in Corona safety measures according to uniform guidelines and regulations.
- Snow sports instructors who arrive from abroad must present a negative SARS-COV2 test to the ski school owner upon arrival. Regular SARS-COV2 testing of snow sport instructors and staff who have contact with ski school guests is planned.
Supervision of children in the ski school
What to do if I feel sick?
If you, your fellow travellers or children feel ill, please stay in your room, do not go skiing, do not come to gastronomic facilities or to snow sports lessons. Please inform your host immediately about your symptoms.
If you, fellow travellers or children suffer from corona symptoms (fever, dry cough, aching limbs, sore throat, shortness of breath or loss of sense of taste or smell), please call the Health Hotline 1450 for further clarification of the symptoms.
The current legal regulations apply. All information is subject to change.